A curated list of awesome C/C++ frameworks, libraries, resources, and shiny things. Inspired by awesome-... stuff.
- Awesome C/C++
- Standard Libraries
- Artificial Intelligence
- Asynchronous Event Loop
- Game Engine
- Machine Learning
- Web Application Framework
- Other Awesome Lists
C++ Standard Library - including STL Containers, STL Aglorithm, STL Functional, etc.
C++ generic frameworks and libraries.
- Apache C++ Standard Library - A collection of algorithms, containers, iterators, and other fundamental components.
- ASL - Adobe Source Libraries provides peer-reviewed and portable C++ source libraries.
- Boost - A large collection of generic C++ libraries.
- BDE - The BDE Development Environment from Bloomberg Labs.
- Cinder - A community-developed, free and open source library for professional-quality creative coding.
- Cxxomfort - A small, header-only library that backports to C++03 some of the nifty C++11 goodies.
- Dlib - A general purpose cross-platform C++ library designed using contract programming and modern C++ techniques.
- ffead-cpp - Framework for Enterprise Application Development.
- Folly - An open-source C++ library developed and used at Facebook.
- JUCE - An all-encompassing C++ class library for developing cross-platform software.
- libPhenom - libPhenom is an eventing framework for building high performance and high scalability systems in C.
- LibSourcey - C++11 evented IO for real-time video streaming and high performance networking applications.
- LibU - A multiplatform utility library written in C.
- Loki - A C++ library of designs, containing flexible implementations of common design patterns and idioms.
- MiLi - Minimal headers-only C++ Library.
- openFrameworks - An open source C++ toolkit for creative coding.
- Qt - A cross-platform application and UI framework.
- Reason - A cross platform framework designed to bring the ease of use of Java, .Net, or Python to developers who require the performance and strength of C++.
- STXXL - Standard Template Library for Extra Large Data Sets.
- Ultimate++ - A C++ cross-platform rapid application development framework.
- Windows Template Library - A C++ library for developing Windows applications and UI components.
- Yomm11 - Open multi-methods for C++11.
- Evolving Objects - A template-based, ANSI-C++ evolutionary computation library which helps you to write your own stochastic optimization algorithms insanely fast.
- Neu - A C++ 11 framework, collection of programming languages, and multipurpose software system designed for: the creation of artificial intelligence applications.
Asynchronous Event Loop¶
- Boost.Asio - A cross-platform C++ library for network and low-level I/O programming.
- libev - A full-featured and high-performance event loop that is loosely modelled after libevent, but without its limitations and bugs.
- libevent - An event notification library.
- libuv - Cross-platform asychronous I/O.
Compression and Archiving Libraries
- bzip2 - A freely available, patent free, high-quality data compressor.
- LZ4 - Extremely Fast Compression algorithm.
- LZMA - The default and general compression method of 7z format.
- miniz - Single C source file Deflate/Inflate compression library with zlib-compatible API, ZIP archive reading/writing, PNG writing.
- Minizip - Zlib with latest bug fixes that supports PKWARE disk spanning, AES encryption, and IO buffering.
- Snappy - A fast compressor/decompressor.
- ZLib - A very compact compression library for data streams.
- ZZIPlib - Provides read access on ZIP-archives.
- Boost.Compute - A C++ GPU Computing Library for OpenCL.
- Bolt - A C++ template library optimized for GPUs.
- Intel TBB - Intel® Threading Building Blocks.
- OpenCL - The open standard for parallel programming of heterogeneous systems.
- OpenMP - The OpenMP API.
- Thrust - A parallel algorithms library which resembles the C++ Standard Template Library (STL).
- HPX - A general purpose C++ runtime system for parallel and distributed applications of any scale.
- VexCL - A C++ vector expression template library for OpenCL/CUDA.
- C++ B-tree - A template library that implements ordered in-memory containers based on a B-tree data structure.
Cryptography and Encryption Libraries
- Crypto++ - A free C++ class library of cryptographic schemes.
- LibTomCrypt - A fairly comprehensive, modular and portable cryptographic toolkit.
- libsodium - P(ortable|ackageable) NaCl-based crypto library, opinionated and easy to use.
- OpenSSL - A robust, commercial-grade, full-featured, and Open Source cryptography library.
Database Libraries, SQL Servers, ODBC Drivers, and Tools
Debugging Libraries, Memory Leak and Resource Leak Detection, Unit Testing
Graphic User Interface
- GTK+ - A multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces.
- gtkmm - The official C++ interface for the popular GUI library GTK+.
- libRocket - libRocket is a C++ HTML/CSS game interface middleware.
- Ncurses - A terminal user interfaces.
- Qwt - Qt Widgets for Technical Applications.
- QwtPlot3D - A feature-rich Qt/OpenGL-based C++ programming library, providing essentially a bunch of 3D-widgets.
- wxWidgets - A C++ library that lets developers create applications for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and other platforms with a single code base.
- Cairo - A 2D graphics library with support for multiple output devices.
- CImg - A small, open source, C++ toolkit for image processing.
- Ogre 3D - A scene-oriented, real-time, flexible 3D rendering engine (as opposed to a game engine) written in C++.
- Panda3D - A framework for 3D rendering and game development for Python and C++ .
- Skia - A 2D Graphics Library.
- frozen - :star: 20+ - JSON parser and generator for C/C++.
- Jansson - :star: 650+ - C library for encoding, decoding and manipulating JSON data.
- jbson - :star: <10 - jbson is a library for building & iterating BSON data, and JSON documents in C++14.
- JeayeSON - :star: 10+ - A very sane (header only) C++ JSON library.
- JSON++ - :star: 130+ - A JSON parser in C++.
- json11 - :star: 290+ - A tiny JSON library for C++11.
- PicoJSON - :star: 170+ - A header-file-only, JSON parser serializer in C++.
- qt-json - :star: 120+ - A simple class for parsing JSON data into a QVariant hierarchy and vice versa.
- RapidJSON - :star: 170+ - A fast JSON parser/generator for C++ with both SAX/DOM style API.
- YAJL - :star: 1,100+ - A fast streaming JSON parsing library in C.
- Caffe - A fast framework for neural networks.
- CCV - C-based/Cached/Core Computer Vision Library, A Modern Computer Vision Library.
- mlpack - A scalable c++ machine learning library.
- OpenCV - Open Computer Vision.
- Recommender - C library for product recommendations/suggestions using collaborative filtering (CF).
- SHOGUN - The Shogun Machine Learning Toolbox.
- sofia-ml - The suite of fast incremental algorithms for machine learning.
- ACE - An OO Network Programming Toolkit in C++.
- Boost.Asio - A cross-platform C++ library for network and low-level I/O programming.
- Casablanca - C++ REST SDK.
- cpp-netlib - A collection of open-source libraries for high level network programming.
- Muduo - A C++ non-blocking network library for multi-threaded server in Linux.
- net_skeleton - TCP client/server library for C/C++.
- Onion - HTTP server library in C designed to be lightweight and easy to use.
- POCO - C++ class libraries and frameworks for building network- and internet-based applications that run on desktop, server, mobile and embedded systems.
- Tufão - An asynchronous web framework for C++ built on top of Qt.
- WebSocket++ - C++/Boost Asio based websocket client/server library.
- ZeroMQ - High-speed, modular asynchronous communication library.
Dynamics simulation engines
- Box2D - A 2D physics engine for games.
- Bullet - A 3D physics engine for games.
- LiquidFun - A 2D physics engine for games.
- ofxBox2d - openFrameworks wrapper for Box2D.
- Simbody - High-performance C++ multibody dynamics/physics library for simulating articulated biomechanical and mechanical systems like vehicles, robots, and the human skeleton.
- ChaiScript - An easy to use embedded scripting language for C++.
- Lua - A minimal and fast scripting engine for configuration files and basic application scripting.
- luacxx - C++11 API for creating Lua bindings.
- Cap’n Proto - Fast data interchange format and capability-based RPC system.
- cereal - A C++11 library for serialization.
- FlatBuffers - A Memory efficient serialization library.
- MessagePack - Efficient binary serialization format “like JSON” for C/C++. - website
- protobuf - Protocol Buffers - Google’s data interchange format.
Web Application Framework¶
- Expat - An XML parser library written in C.
- Libxml2 - The XML C parser and toolkit of Gnome.
- libxml++ - An XML Parser for C++.
- PugiXML - A light-weight, simple and fast XML parser for C++ with XPath support.
- RapidXml - An attempt to create the fastest XML parser possible, while retaining useability, portability and reasonable W3C compatibility.
- TinyXML - A simple, small, minimal, C++ XML parser that can be easily integrating into other programs.
- TinyXML2 - A simple, small, efficient, C++ XML parser that can be easily integrating into other programs.
- TinyXML++ - A completely new interface to TinyXML that uses MANY of the C++ strengths. Templates, exceptions, and much better error handling.
- Xerces-C++ - A validating XML parser written in a portable subset of C++.
Useful libraries or tools that don’t fit in the categories above or maybe just not categorised yet
- C++ Format - Small, safe and fast formatting library for C++.
- casacore - A set of c++ core libraries derived from aips++.
- cxx-prettyprint - A pretty printing library for C++ containers.
- DynaPDF - An easy-to-use PDF generation library.
- Eigen - C++ template library for linear algebra: matrices, vectors, numerical solvers, and related algorithms.
- HTTP Parser - A http request/response parser for C.
- libcpuid - A small C library for x86 CPU detection and feature extraction.
- libusb - A universal USB library which allows for portable access to USB devices.
- Remote Call Framework - Inter-process communication framework for C++.
- Serial Communication Library - Cross-platform, Serial Port library written in C++.
- SDS - Simple Dynamic Strings library for C.
- SLDR - Super Light DNS Resolver.
- SLRE - Super Light Regular Expression library.
- Stage - Mobile robot simulator.
- ZBar - A barcode scanner library, which allows to scan photos/images/video streams for barcodes and return their value.
- CppVerbalExpressions - C++ regular expressions made easy.
- QtVerbalExpressions - This Qt lib is based off of the C++ VerbalExpressions library.
Software for creating a development environment.
List of C/C++ compilers
Integrated Development Environments¶
List of C/C++ nominal IDEs.
- Code::Blocks - A free C, C++ and Fortran IDE.
- Dev-C++ - A portable C/C++/C++11 IDE.
- Eclipse CDT - A fully functional C and C++ IDE based on the Eclipse platform.
- KDevelop - A free, open source IDE.
- Microsoft Visual Studio - An IDE from Microsoft.
- NetBeans - An IDE for developing primarily with Java, but also with other languages, in particular PHP, C/C++, and HTML5.
- Xcode - Developed by Apple.
- YouCompleteMe - YouCompleteMe is a fast, as-you-type, fuzzy-search code completion engine for Vim.
Various resources, such as books, websites, and articles for improving your C++ development skills and knowledge.
Fantastic C/C++ related articles.
Fantastic C/C++ related books.
- The C++ Annotations - An in-depth guide on C++, intended for people with a good knowledge of C who want to make the transition to C++.
- Free C Books - vhf/free-programming-books/C.
- Free C++ Books - vhf/free-programming-books/C++.
- The Definitive C++ Book Guide and List - A collection of quality books and an approximate skill level.
Fantastic C/C++ related videos.
- Awesome C Programming Tutorials in Hi Def [HD] - A collection of detailed C Programming Language Tutorials for Beginners and New Programmers.
- C++ - by VoidRealms.
- C++ Qt Programming - by VoidRealms.
- C++ Programming Tutorials Playlist - thenewboston Official Buckys C++ Programming Tutorials Playlist.
- C++ Programming Tutorials from thenewboston - These are all of thenewboston’s C++ programming tutorials.
- C++ GUI with Qt Playlist - Official Playlist for thenewboston C++ GUI with Qt tutorials.
- C Programming Tutorials - All of thenewboston’s C programming tutorials are right here.
Other Awesome Lists¶
Other amazingly awesome lists
- lists - List of (awesome) lists curated on GitHub
- awesome-awesomeness - A curated list of awesome awesomeness.
- awesome - A curated list of awesome lists.
- free-programming-books - List of Freely Available Programming Books
- papers-we-love - Papers from the computer science community to read and discuss.
- awesome-php - Awesome PHP libraries, resources and shiny things.
- awesome-python - Awesome Python frameworks, libraries and software.
- awesome-sysadmin - Awesome open source sysadmin resources
- awesome-talks - A lot of screencasts, recordings of user group gatherings and conference talks.
- github-cheat-sheet - A list of cool features of Git and GitHub.
- ToolsOfTheTrade - Tools of The Trade, from Hacker News.
- cheatsheets.org - The largest collection of reference cards for developers.
- cheat-sheets.org - All cheat sheets, round-ups, quick reference cards, quick reference guides and quick reference sheets in one page.
- thefreecountry.com - A collection of free programming resources, free webmasters’ resources, free security resources and free utilities.